Sunday, October 12, 2008

Village of Iboih on the Island of Sabang

I had someone just say, "You know Sarah Palin...she's very beautiful." ug.

Anyway, it was a beautiful weekend in Iboih. The snorkeling was really nice with a wide variety of creatures to see.  I spent hours and hours in the water. I swam across the channel to the island, which, now that I'm back people keep asking me if the current wasn't too strong. I guess I timed it right because it was fine, except that it was spookily dark most of the way across. I saw 5 lion fish, 1 sea turtle, and lots of lots of fish that I need a book to identify.

The accommodations were humble. The bungalow was right over the water and the reef is all along the shore. There was little sandy beach as the jungle went right down to the water. It was easy to go snorkeling since I jumped in the water from in front of my bungalow. The toilet and shower facilities were less than desirable. I didn't shower all weekend.

Anyway, I feel like the weekend warrior, even here. Now it's Monday morning. I'm back at work and there is lots to do and everyone is working busily...so I better stop blogging and actually contribute...













No comments: