I am completing an internship for Mercy Corps in Banda Aceh, Indonesia in the field of community development.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
My living arrangements
This is Karla, Sandro, and Luca's house where I am staying. My bedroom is upstairs. That is my bedroom window to the left as you look across the "malaria" pond. We sit on the other side of the concrete wall and have dinner outside. People fish in the pond even though it seems to be pretty shallow. There are no inlets or outlets, but still fish. I guess there's lots of bugs and mosquitoes to eat. The house does not look as big as it is. It has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
That's funny, when I saw the picture of the water that's the first thing I thought - "malaria" pond, great description. Good thing for your net. I've heard Dengue is tortuous.
1 comment:
That's funny, when I saw the picture of the water that's the first thing I thought - "malaria" pond, great description. Good thing for your net. I've heard Dengue is tortuous.
Post a Comment