The sound of prayer call is quite beautiful. There are so many mosques that the sounds come from all different directions so that the tone and timing is different but complimentary. It's interesting to see the differences in Asian Muslims as opposed to Middle Eastern Muslims as I am more accustomed to. It gives me the ability to separate culture from religion. In many ways, being here is very similar to being in Thailand, except that people are Muslim. My experience with people in the workplace is that they are friendly, polite, curious, and casual. Women hold all sorts of professional positions such as Cut, the Civil Engineer I am working with here at MC. It seems to be a Muslim society that is very tolerant. I'm sure this will be something I will write more about.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment