





The doorway centered between the columns - there's another picture of this somewhere in my blog. Someone left the old house and built a new house behind it, perfectly centering the new door with the old house. It's charming.
The market is typical of the narrow streets in the residential neighborhoods. It makes me want to open a little shop in the garage in Portland in the spirit of mixed use development.
And the house with the white window frame - I like the contrast of modern - black painted wood, white frame, with the little wooden shop in front.
There are fields and cows like this in between the neighborhoods. If you look closely you can see some girls walking across the field in their hijabs (head coverings).
And the food - this is where I eat lunch almost every day. They have cabbage and green beans, greens, tofu, tempe, potato cakes, and omelette with peppers - plus lots of non-vegetarian food. I also get a mango juice.
I can't speak Indonesian but I can still feel the excitement in the office that it's Friday and almost the weekend - a universal excitement I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment